November 25, 2017, 04:43:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: VA4WDA Forums

Author Topic: Need a Ride - ATV Suggestions?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline bambu

• Registered
    • Not Yet
    • View Profile
Need a Ride - ATV Suggestions?
« on: March 15, 2016, 04:35:05 am »
Hey I'm Duncan. I don't live in Virginia quite yet but am finalizing a move to Richmond as that's where most of my partners family live. I'm a novice when it comes to off-roading but am quite keen to get into it as a side hobby seeing as there's meant to be some good places for off-road trails across VA. Me and my partner currently just car share a '99 Mustang so I don't have an off-road vehicle as of yet. I can't afford a big expensive 4WD so was after some kind of ATV. Just wanted to see what peoples general suggestions on a good, cheap, reliable ATV and where I can look to buy? Maybe there's a 2-wheeler bike that's good for off-road as I'm not too keen on the quad style but am open to suggestions. Rokon had popped up as a 2-wheel option but I don't know too much about them. Just checking out some prices for used Rokon's now and trying to find out a bit more info.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:24:02 am by bambu »
bambu

Offline bambu

• Registered
    • Not Yet
    • View Profile
Re: Need a Ride - ATV Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 01:00:10 am »
So if there was any suggestions on an ATV off-roader and/or some ideas maybe on the best spots to take an ATV around Virginia, that would be cool? I have found a 2WD called a Rokon, does anyone have any experience using those? Apparently they can handle almost any terrain but the suspensions not very forgiving. Looks like I can get an old used one for a decent price.
bambu

Offline IronMan

• I am IRONMAN (lol)
  • Administrator
  • Rusted Old Scrap
    • Middle Peninsula Jeep Association Inc. / KMA Off Road
    • View Profile
    • Kitty Hawk Beach House
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 10:32:36 am »
hey guys welcome to the state :) I am more of a 4x4 wheeler than ATV so not too sure... the Cove Campgrounds in Gore VA just outside of Winchester VA http://www.covecampground.com/ you can also visit our FB page and ask :) https://www.facebook.com/VA4WDA/

good luck and again welcome
Kevin J. McDermott
2004 Krewbicon 5.5 RK X-Factor and lots of Armor
ProRock 60s F/R 513s ARB Lockers

Offline Silversake

• Registered
    • No
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 01:44:48 am »
Cove Campground sure does have reasonable rates for their ATV trails.

Offline SandySchneirla

• VA4WDA Vice President
  • Administrator
    • Tidewater Fourwheelers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 11:00:26 am »
Personally I do not care for ATV 4 wheelers either. I have a Polaris RZR. The side by sides have more stability. There are ATV trails at Gore and in the George Washington National Forest. There are many others: Hatfield and McCoys, Buskoe Beach, etc.
As Kevin said, like our Facebook page if you are on FB at https://www.facebook.com/VA4WDA/. Or our website at www.va4wda.org.
And you can probably buy an inexpensive truck style (Jeep, Toyota, Samurai) 4X4 as a trail rig and go to different spots.
Another good resource for you is the Blue Ribbon Coalition. They are the national association that has info on all motorized vehicle recreation.
Hope to meet you on the trails!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder