July 25, 2014, 02:16:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: VA4WDA Forums

Author Topic: Need help to identify a location in VA for a club event.  (Read 743 times)

Offline 73Commando

• Registered
    • Jeepster Commando Club of America
    • View Profile
Need help to identify a location in VA for a club event.
« on: July 24, 2013, 08:46:39 pm »
Hi all,

Along with being in this club, I am also a member of the Jeepster Commando Club of America (JCCA).

We have an annual event every year. It is very much like the event in Arrington, VA in September. I attended that event last year.I would be going this year, but I will be in Afghanistan.  >:(

BUT, I do want to start planning for the JCCA event next year.

Besides Arrington, or Gore (Big Dogs) where would be a good place in Virginia to host a three day event that has trails, camping, a pavilion, access to hotels and would let us "invade" with about 20 Jeepsters for the weekend?

We usually have this in TN. However, I would like to have it closer to home and attempt to get more East coast participation.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much!

Jason

Offline toynrnd

• VA4WDA Member
    • View Profile
Re: Need help to identify a location in VA for a club event.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 09:45:26 am »
You could always go wheeling in the George Washington National Forest near Harrisonburg.  There are some campgrounds throughout the forest and a lot of hotels in the city of Harrisonburg. The wheeling is tame, but you go to the GWNF for the scenery and camaraderie.
'51 CJ3A, '81 CJ7, '99XJ

Offline pcwolf

• VA4WDA Member
    • View Profile
Re: Need help to identify a location in VA for a club event.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 05:36:19 pm »
Agree with comments regarding GWNF.

Check out campgrounds at Sherando Lake (USFS) and Natural Chimneys (Augusta County)
Both are reasonably priced, offer hot water showers, flush toilets, and electrical/sewer hookups.
Those campgrounds are within easy driving distance of a number of good, scenic trails.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder